JOIN US FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL SOA WATCH IN SOUTHERN ARIZONA!
To learn more about SOA Watch, check out their website: www.soaw.org/border/
Friday, November 10 - Tucson and Eloy
Welcome, Know Your Rights, Workshops & Forums – YWCA, 525 N Bonita Ave. Tucson, Arizona
Rally at Federal Courthouse & Caravan to Eloy Detention Center – 405 W Congress St. Tucson, Arizona
Vigil at Eloy Detention Center – 1705 E Hanna Road Eloy, Arizona
Concert in Tucson at Solar Culture – 31 E Toole Ave. Tucson, Arizona
Saturday, November 11 - Ambos Nogales (Arizona and Sonora)
Binational Veteran-led March to the US/Mexico Border:
Departure in US: Hotel Americana, 639 N Grand Ave. Nogales, Arizona
Departure in Mexico: Plaza Miguel Hidalgo Av. Adolfo López Mateos 357, Fundó Legal, Centro
Workshops, Forums & Tables in Nogales, Arizona: Hotel Americana, 639 N Grand Ave.
Workshops, Forums & Tables in Nogales, Sonora: Escuela Primaria Abelardo L Rodríguez, Fenochio 23, Fundó Legal
Museo de Arte de Nogales, Av. Adolfo López Mateos No. 120
Concert in ambos Nogales: US/Mexico Border Wall
Sunday, November 12 - Ambos Nogales (Arizona and Sonora)
US/Mexico Border Wall
WEEKEND SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, November 10 – Tucson/Eloy, Arizona
7:00am Encuentro Registration – YWCA, 525 N Bonita Ave.
8:00am Welcome & Know Your Rights – YWCA, 525 N Bonita Ave.
9:20am Forums & Workshops – YWCA, 525 N Bonita Ave.
1:30pm Rally at Federal Courthouse – 405 W Congress St.
3:45pm Caravan to Eloy Detention Center – 405 W Congress St.
5:00pm Vigil at Eloy Detention Center – 1705 E Hanna Road
8:00pm Concert in Tucson at Solar Culture – 31 E Toole Ave.
Friday, November 10 – Nogales, Sonora
7:00pm Justice for José Antonio Elena Rodríguez Vigil*
* Five years and one month after his murder at the hands of US Border Patrol Agent Lonnie Swartz, the family of José Antonio Elena Rodríguez and the Border Patrol Victims Network invite those who are in ambos Nogales, and those who cannot cross the border into the US to join them for an evening vigil at José Antonio’s cross along Calle Internacional. For more information, contact Ana María Vásquez, 813-804-0634.
Saturday, November 11 – Nogales, Arizona/Sonora
7:00am Encuentro Registration – Hotel Americana , 639 N Grand Ave (Arizona) / Escuela Primaria Abelardo L. Rodríguez, Fenochio 23 (Sonora)
8:00am Welcome, Know Your Rights and Speakers – 639 N Grand Ave (Arizona) / Plaza Miguel Hidalgo (Sonora)
9:00am Bi-national Veteran-led March to the US/Mexico Border Wall
10:00am Rally at the U.S./Mexico Border Wall
12:30pm Forums & Workshops
5:30pm Social Gathering at Hotel Americana – Hotel Americana , 639 N Grand Ave (Arizona)
8:00pm Concert at the US/Mexico Border Wall
Sunday, November 12 – Nogales, Arizona/Sonora*
9:30am Welcome & Blessing
10:00am Speakers & Musicians
11:10am Litany & Presentes
* Entire program on Sunday will be at the U.S./Mexico Border Wall
Monday, November 13
SOA Watch Post-Encuentro Mailing Party! If you are still around the morning of Monday, November 13, we’d love for you to join our SOA Watch Post-Encuentro Mailing Party!
○ 10:00am at the Global Justice Center – 225 E 26th St, Tucson
Peace Vigil and Celebration of Life of Fr. Jerry Zawada, OFM
○ 8:00-8:45am, Peace Vigil Outside David Monthan Air Force Base (Craycroft Rd entrance)
○ 9:15am, Celebration of Life at St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church (3809 E 3rd St, Tucson)
○ For more information: 520-323-8697 / firstname.lastname@example.org
○ For updates, please visit www.nukeresister.org/future-actions/
○ You are invited to bring a photo or other small memento for an altar to remember and honor Jerry