School of the Americas Watch invites you to attend the third annual Border Encuentro. The focus of the weekend gathering covers these principles:
- An end to US economic, military and political intervention in Latin America, and the closure of SOA/WHINSEC
- An end to Plan Merida and the Alliance for Prosperity
- Demilitarization and divestment of borders
- An end to the racist systems of oppression that criminalize and kill migrants, refugees and communities of color
- Respect, dignity, justice and the right to self-determination of communities
The schedule is still being finalized but here is summary. See the more detailed Schedule of Events.
Friday, November 16, 8am-7pm - Training, rally and vigil
Saturday, November 17, 8:30am-9pm - Forum, workshops, and concert
Sunday, November 18, 8am-4pm - Blessing, speakers, and puppetistas
The events are free but the organizers request you register ahead of time.